Jon Swain, from FEC Energy, will be giving a presentation on the Sustainable Fuel Register (SFR) at the largest UK wood fuel conference in Edinburgh next week. Wood Heat 2016 will be at Edinburgh Zoo on the 28th and 29th November 2016.
Organised by the Wood Heat Association (WHA) and the Renewable Energy Association (REA), Wood Heat 2016 brings together all parts of the UK biomass heat and CHP industry in a unique event designed to share and promote good practice.
Jon’s presentation will include:
- An introduction to SFR, fuels covered, fee structure and how the service works.
- How to register on the online portal and complete Land Criteria and Greenhouse Gas Emissions sections.
- SFR Authorisation numbers and how these are used for periodic reporting and auditing.
The programme will also include presentations and discussions on:
- The ongoing uncertainty around the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), with speakers from BEIS and Ofgem.
- The recent compromise, proposed by Government, on biomass combined heat and power (CHP) tariff changes.
- An industry Code of Practice for biomass heat.
- Good practice in district heating design.
- Emissions from biomass boilers.
- Biomass fire and explosion risks.
- Biomass sustainability and compliance.
Wood Heat 2016 Conference is expected to host up to 100 attendees and will feature speakers from government, industry and the civil service. It is a ‘must attend’ event tailored for professionals from across the supply chain, including installers, specifiers and fuel suppliers.